There was a Baptist Church in Thurso from 1805 to about 1850; but the present congregation started as a house meeting in the early 1980’s.
In 1990 we became part of The Caithness Baptist Churches Group which was formed to support the Thurso church both spiritually and financially. This group included Wick and Keiss Baptist Churches, and Scarfskerry Baptist Church. The Senior Pastor at this time was Rev. John Johnston from the Wick church. In 1991 the group called an Associate Minister whose main responsibilities were for the Thurso and Scarfskerry churches. They called Rev Stuart Dunnett and the induction took place in June 1991 in Wick Baptist Church.
They met in a school for several years and moved into the present premises, a former T.A. building in 1994.
Thurso Church eventually became self supporting as the fellowship increased in size, and the vision of the group of churches had been fulfilled.
The present building has been a challenge in accommodating the adults and children on a Sunday morning. God has been gracious to us in providing resources to extend the building with the addition of a new Sunday School room in 2012. We give thanks and praise for this, and trust God will continue to bless us as we seek to serve Him in Thurso.