Our Covenant Together as a Church
Believing God has called us together as a church family of those who have come to faith in Christ as Saviour and Lord and having been baptised as a sign of that faith, we commit ourselves to pursue:
- Loving God: as our reasonable worship
- Loving Others: by acting towards them as we pray they might act towards us
- Making Disciples for Christ: by encouraging others to come to faith in Jesus as Messiah, being baptised and following all the Lord taught us to do as members of God’s family
Matthew 7:12; 22:37 – 40; 28:18 – 20; Romans 12: 1 – 2
This Church is congregational in its form of church government and is in membership with the Baptist Union of Scotland.
Basis of Union
- That the Lord Jesus Christ our God and Saviour is the sole and absolute Authority in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, and that each Church has liberty, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to interpret and administer His laws.
- That Christian Baptism is the immersion in water into the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, of those who have professed repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, who died for our sins according to the Scriptures; was buried and rose again the third day.
- That it is the duty of every disciple to bear witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to take part in the evangelisation of the world.